The sump had be fitted with an adapter for the oil temperature gauge. This was wielded into the sum. To check the wield had no pin holes we filled the sump with petrol to check for leaks. We then painted it up and refitted it to the engine.
PCV valve adaped:
Originally we were told to fit the PCV valve just using high temperature silicon. when we did this we found it to be quite a loose fit, so Uncle Dave to the rescue again, who milled out the hole in the rocker cover and made a top hat piece that fitted the top of the rocker cover and allowed the rubber seal to fit perfectly.
Oil filler Adaption:
Originally when we fitted the oil filler, it was quite long and we thought didn’t look as good as it could. So we modified it slightly, shortening the neck and making it look a lot better.