Untitled Document
  • 16th August 2014 – Fitting the windscreen wipers

    wiper7
    So we decided to get on with the build again after several months going by without anything being done.

     

    First job of the day was to fit the windscreen wipers in place.

     

    There are 2 marks in the body moulding where the wipers should be located. The windscreen wiper wheel boxes protrude from underneath the body at a forward angle so firstly we marked them up and drilled a small pilot hole through the body using the angle from the chrome fitting as a guide. We then followed on by drilling a bigger 16mm hole then used a file to carefully get the final shape.

     

    We fitted the wheel boxes underneath the body behind the dash but due to the angle they need to be fitted at we decided to make an extra wedge shaped piece of wood that we hope will give more support. It was simply a case fitting the wheel box, marking the angle and cutting the wood to shape. Then it was easy enough to fit then in place tightening up the bolt on the stork.

     

    The final thing  was to fit the wipers and wiper blades. These came from Gerry and look great. We needed to bend the arm a little to get them to fit perfectly with the screen which wasn’t difficult. We put them in the vice and carefully tapped with a rubber hammer until we got them the right shape.

     

    The next job will be to fit the motor and connect them up. More to come on this.

    wiper1wiper2wiper3wiper4wiper5wiper6


     Leave a reply